Community Support Specialist – Job One Careers
- Full Time
- Kansas City, MO
Trains, mentors, or coaches program individuals in individual and/or group work settings in accordance with their person-centered vocational plan in a customized employment job or volunteer setting. This position will support Job One Employment Specialists in providing person-centered services to program participants. This role is responsible for providing Long Term Follow Along services for all participants who have reached their 90th day of successful employment.
Experience working with individuals with disabilities in vocational rehabilitation and/or training settings is desirable. Education may substitute for experience.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Working with individuals with job preparation authorization (vocational training.)
- Developing lesson plans for vocational program to be used with current and future participants.
- Assessment of individuals for job readiness and assist with obtaining community-based employment.
- Provides job training and support
- Provides participant development by utilizing individual work or work-related activities to assist individuals to understand the meaning, value, and demands of work; to modify or develop attitudes, personal characteristics, and work behavior; and to develop functional capacities, as required, to assist individuals in reaching their optimum level of vocational development.
- Present soft skills training and curriculum as provided in a classroom.
- Transports program individuals when related to vocational assessments, job development, and job retention services, as requested or approved by your supervisor.
- Assists program individuals with performance on new job tasks; helps the program individual understand the job culture and industry practices as well as work behaviors expected by the employer. Trains employers and co-workers to understand the training methods and accommodations needed by the program individual.
- Writes case notes and summaries (including analysis, reasoning, and comments) within 48 hours of service delivery so others can understand the program individual’s progress; reports verbally on the program individual’s progress to the referring agency or other collaborators; prepares written vocational case reports; and maintains records and composes relative correspondence.
- Accepts and willingly carries out special assignments or duties, when requested.
- Projects positive image of Job One and program individuals to the local community.
- Assures the confidentiality of information regarding program individuals.
- Abides by ethical and legal guidelines for case communication and recording.
- Respects the rights of all individuals served.
MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Must have a valid driver’s license at time of application and obtain a Class E Chauffeur’s License within 30 days of hire.
May also be required to obtain and maintain DOT Certification (If transporting more than 7 including driver).
1st aid/CPR certified
Knowledge of programs and services for people with developmental disabilities preferred
Willingness to travel on company business in personal or company vehicle.
Good written, oral, and communication skills.
Ability to be flexible.
Respect the rights and dignity of people with Developmental Disabilities and willingness to advocate on their behalf.
Affirmative drug and alcohol screening.
Affirmative criminal/abuse background check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org